Monday, December 21, 2009

First Post


I have been thinking about what to write about first and have too many ideas that need extra digging in boxes, so will just start out with what I'd like to accomplish with this blog.


I have collected sewing patterns for many years and even have the ones my mother made her maternity clothes and my first layette with "packed away somewhere".  I have been organizing and categorizing and sorting for two weeks and have put all my patterns on spreadsheets according to manufacturer.  Next step is weeding out the ones I am not particularly attached to in order to sell them on Etsy.  When I come across a pattern that has a specific memory for me or one that I have made or just have random thoughts about I will write about it.  Nothing earth-shattering, just a way to share things I have learned over the years.

If you have something you want me to write about or a particular period in 19th or 20th century fashion you're interested in, let me know.  I don't pretend to know all there is to know about vintage fashion and sewing, but I have picked up a lot of trivial information that I can share.

So here goes . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to comment?